WELCOME TO THE PC (POST CORONAVIRUS) ERA~LESSONS THAT MUST BE LEARNED
WELCOME TO THE PC (POST CORONAVIRUS) ERA~LESSONS THAT MUST BE LEARNED
BY MICHAEL CUTLER
republished below in full unedited for informational, educational and research
The world has been sent reeling by the Coronavirus pandemic that has yet to run its course.However, even though this deadly pandemic is still ongoing, it is not too soon to take stock of a number of critical issues. In point of fact, it is probably best to begin this process before the pandemic ends and the public permits this global crisis to fade from their minds as it fades from the news reports.To begin with, as I noted in my previous article, Because of the Coronavirus, Borders Suddenly Matter. For all of the bogus slanderous claims hurled by the radical Left in the media and politics, securing borders against those infected with a dangerous virus is not a matter of racism and xenophobia - but survival.Unlike most politicians, President Trump has the chutzpah to call things as he sees them. This, by itself, is enough to traumatize the Left. Trump has come to refer to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) by the term “China Virus,” sending many “journalists” into paroxysms of rage and disgust, claiming that referring to this virus that, in point of fact, originated in China, demonstrates that Trump is a racist.Time for a reality check.Various illnesses have traditionally been named for the locations where the diseases originated. The devastating Spanish Flu of 1918 was so-named because, it originated in Spain.In 1972, at the beginning of my career with the former INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service), I became infected with a very serious illness that was referred to as the London Flu. I was an Immigration Inspector at JFK International Airport at the time and consequently was exposed to a variety of pathogens brought to the United States by foreign visitors. I wound up in the hospital and nearly died, my fever maxed at more than 105 degrees. Some of my colleagues were similarly sickened by this particularly virulent illness.The doctors and nurses who treated me all referred to my illness as the London Flu. I doubt that they disliked Brits or Londoners.Clearly the mainstream media and the radical Left despise the President and on a nearly daily basis demonstrate an irrational response to virtually everything he does and says.But could it be that their extreme abhorrence of the term “China Virus” has a more deep-seated origin? Perhaps it goes back to how they were educated in American colleges.When misleading terms are used, such as the term “immigrant” instead of “alien” most write this off as being Politically Correct. In reality this is nothing short of Orwellian Newspeak and it must always be described as such.Today. as we will see, many of Ameria’s premier universities are under the influence of the Chinese government and other governments that are hostile to the United States.Chinese Aggression Against the U.S.A. manifests itself in many ways, especially through widespread espionage.The Communist, totalitarian Chinese regime is extremely sensitive to the way that they are perceived around the world. They have infiltrated many universities around the United States for a number of significant purposes that include having their scientists, engineers, computer programmers and other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) professionals trained in the United States, and maintaining strict control over those students when they are in the United States.Many Chinese students are coerced in spying on the United States when they secure “Optional Practical Training” by working for American companies.It has been recently alleged by the U.S. Department of Education that China and other countries have been allegedly pouring billions of dollars into American Universities that went unreported by those universities, in violation of U.S. laws.On February 12, 2020 the Department of Education (DOE) issued a press release: U.S. Department of Education Launches Investigation into Foreign Gifts Reporting at Ivy League Universities that included this subtitle:Since July, the Department has uncovered more than $6 billion in unreported foreign gifts from countries including Qatar, China, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.The DOE press release also included these excerpts:The Department is also concerned Harvard University may lack appropriate institutional controls over foreign money and has failed to report fully all foreign gifts and contracts as required by law. This comes after Dr. Charles Lieber, chair of Harvard University’s Chemistry and Chemical Biology Department, was indicted for lying about his involvement with the Chinese government’s Thousand Talents Plan and admitting that Harvard lacks adequate institutional controls for effective oversight and tracking of very large donations.* * *The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations described foreign spending on U.S. schools as “a black hole” because colleges and universities “routinely” fail to comply with the law, and reported foreign money can come with strings attached that might compromise academic freedom.* * *Additional Information on the Department’s Section 117 Enforcement Actions:
- Since July 1, 2019, the Department’s enforcement efforts have triggered the reporting of approximately $6.5 billion in previously undisclosed foreign money.
- Ten schools, including Cornell University, Yale University, the University of Colorado Boulder, the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Chicago, the University of Pennsylvania, Boston University, Texas A&M University, and Carnegie Mellon University reported approximately $3.6 billion in previously unreported foreign gifts.
- The Department has opened eight civil compliance investigations since June 28, 2019.
- The Department has reported its preliminary findings to Congress including:
- The largest colleges and universities are multi-billion dollar, multi-national enterprises using opaque foundations, foreign campuses, and other sophisticated legal structures to generate revenue that is intermingled with domestic sources of funding from tuition, grants, and the like.
- These colleges and universities actively solicit foreign governments, corporations, and nationals for funds although some donors are known to be hostile to the United States and may be seeking to project “soft power,” steal sensitive and proprietary research and development data and other intellectual property, and spread propaganda benefitting foreign governments.At the beginning of the onslaught of the Coronavirus, President Trump quickly decided to bar the entry of nonimmigrant aliens from China to prevent the spread of the virus into the United States, invoking 8 U.S. Code § 1182(f), a section of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) that he previously used to prevent the entry of aliens from countries associated with international terrorism and where our officials were unable to effectively vet those who sought entry into the United States.As the disease spread through Europe, especially Italy, the President expanded the list of countries whose nonimmigrant citizens would be barred from entering the United States to try to slow the spread of the disease.The Democrats, led by Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi and the other “usual suspects,” attacked the President for being a racist and xenophobe. They should have used a different term, “Leader!”Now many other countries around the world have taken similar measures. Dr. Anthony Fauci lauded Trump’s important decision stating that this single act, of closing our nation’s borders, has been one of the most effective measures take by Trump to help save lives in America.For decades China has run roughshod over America.Out of extreme corporate greed, the production of our essential pharmaceuticals has been shipped to China and other countries that do not have our best interests at heart, leaving America vulnerable. China has now threatened to stop the flow of vital antibiotics to the United States and has actually accused the U.S. Army of planting the Coronavirus in China!President Trump is the first president, in decades, to stand up to this Communist dictatorship that openly boasts it plans to dominate the world. Trump’s actions have undoubtedly done much more than just ruffle some feathers in Beijing.President Trump has gone on the offensive in his strategies to protect America and Americans.Our nation has been rendered vulnerable to one of America’s most dangerous adversaries by corporations that seek cheap labor and no regulations and have moved production of vital supplies to China and other countries. To be able to do this, the corporations have pumped huge amounts of cash into the campaign coffers of politicians who need the money to win their elections. Not unlike prostitutes they will apparently do whatever it takes to satisfy their donors.As I noted, in part, in a speech I gave in Washington several years ago:The practitioners of the two oldest professions will assume any position, no matter how dangerous, ridiculous, uncomfortable or contrary to commonsense - for the right price!The time has come to finally clean out the bordellos!